The Missouri Bicentennial Commission is sponsoring a bicentennial poster competition, open to Missouri students in third through twelfth grades. The competition will result in four posters commemorating Missouri’s bicentennial of statehood. Selected designs will best interpret the theme Sharing Missouri’s Stories: Past, Present, and Future. Find competition guidelines here:
Trails Regional Library will serve as a sponsoring institution for up to 2 designs from students in our service area. Designs can be submitted below or turned in to branch locations by appointment. We will then choose 2 to send onto the state competition. State winners will be chosen December 15, 2020. Those 4 winners will have their posters used at the bicentennial celebration. All entries to the state competition will be showcased on missouri2021.org. Here are the guidelines:
- Entries should interpret the theme: Sharing Missouri’s stories—past, present, and future.
- Students should use two-dimensional art media (i.e. paints, crayons, colored pencils or collage) and ensure the media will transfer to a poster format.
- Designs should be 8.5″×11″ and vertically oriented.
- Only entries created by individual students without assistance— with the exception of appropriate assistive technology devices— will be considered.
- Only one entry per student will be considered.
- Entries must be submitted to Trails Regional Library by October 23, 2020.
Established through executive order in October 2018, the Missouri Bicentennial Commission is
charged with furthering statewide efforts to honor the State of Missouri and its rich history and heritage on the occasion of its bicentennial.
Missouri 2021 is a statewide initiative of the State Historical Society of Missouri. The mission of Missouri 2021 is to promote a better understanding of Missouri and its regions, communities, and people, both past and present. The Missouri Bicentennial provides opportunities for citizens to celebrate, explore, and share perspectives on the state’s rich history and culture.